We take our data processing responsibilities seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about your rights. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others. We may use personal data provided to us for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
Questions regarding our data processing should be addressed to Mike Grieshaber at MLG Associates, Antrobus House, 18 College Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU31 4AD. Tel: 07777 687988. Email: email@example.com.
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?
Where MLG Associates has engaged with a client to perform a service, we will be required to process data to provide that service in accordance with the contractual terms.
What personal data might we hold?
We may hold an individual’s contact details, financial information and location.
We collect the following types of information about you when you use our website:
- Information provided by you, such as your name and email address when you fill in the ‘Contact us’ form.
- Information collected automatically, such as information which is transmitted from your computer when you browse the Internet and use the website. This information includes information from cookies, your IP address and browser type as these can be used to provide useful features for users. Click here to read our Cookies policy.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website.
How do we obtain your personal data?
Personal data is provided either by the company/individual (or persons acting on their behalf) on whose instructions we are acting. We may also access information from the Registrar of Companies and other similar public-access data providers.
How do we use your personal data?
We may process your personal data in any or all of the following ways:
- To deliver services and meet legal responsibilities
- To verify identity where this is required
- For communication by post, email or telephone
- To understand needs and how they may be met
- To maintain records
- To process financial transactions
- To prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
- To defend or take legal actions related to the above
Sharing your data
Personal data held by us may be transferred to:
- Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies, or other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation
For how long do we retain your personal data?
We retain personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes listed above and for any other permissible related purpose. For example, we retain most records until the time limit for claims arising from the activities has expired or otherwise to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such records.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have the following rights regarding your data:
- Right to be informed – this privacy notice meets our requirement to inform you of our processing of your data.
- Right of access – you have a right of access to personal data held by us as a data controller. This right may be exercised by contacting us at MLG Associates, Antrobus House, 18 College Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU31 4AD. Tel: 07777 687988. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly, and in any event within one month.
- Right of rectification – to amend or update personal data submitted to us, you may email us at email@example.com.
Rights that do not apply in these particular circumstances
- Not all of the rights under the GDPR are available as one of the reasons we are holding your data is on the basis of it being a legal obligation and therefore the right to erasure, data portability, restriction of processing and to object do not apply.
- Right to withdraw consent – the data received was not based upon obtaining consent and therefore the right to withdraw consent does not apply.
Changes to our privacy statement
We keep this privacy statement under regular review and will place any updates on our website. Paper copies of the privacy statement may also be obtained by writing to us at MLG Associates, Antrobus House, 18 College Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU31 4AD. This privacy statement was last updated on 5th January 2023.
Should you have concerns about how your personal data is being processed, please contact us at MLG Associates, Antrobus House, 18 College Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU31 4AD. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which is the UK data protection regulator. For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website.